how long does it usually take to die

galaxyflyer1

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 18, 2009
Corona Ca.
Updated; My hen just died. Thanks everyone for your help.

This is a terrible question but I guess I wanna know just in case I can have hope for a miracle.

The hen I was talking about in earlier posts is just sitting there with her eyes closed. Breathing a bit harder than normal but not panting. I can only force water or food down and that's even tough to do. She started this yesterday. I have her cool in the house. Do they ever snap out of something this bad? I'm anticipating a dead pet in the morning.

If I choose to continue to force feed and water, how often? I don't think she has had a meal for 3 days. I am using a yogurt and scrambled egg mix.

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
I'm so sorry everyone. I have my posts scattered. I posted a message "she pooped" It just happened. Only able to force water with a dropper and that's tough to force her beak open. It all happened yesterday. I thought She was doing better because she drank lots of water and went to roost with the others. But today it got worse and I brought her in the house. Nothing open today for medicine and no chickens doctors around.

Back
Top Bottom