how long does the pipping stage go on for after the first pip help please

azzamc

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 30, 2012
Hi I saw that 2 of my eggs had a crack at about 1.30pm and now its 9.00pm and nuffing has changed can you help I'm worried and nuffing is happening

the longest it has taken a chick for me to hatch was around 10-15 hours and it hatched while i was sleeping granted i am only on my 3rd hatch, the fastest chick to hatch was 30 mins. it all depends on the chick some take a few mins while some take longer. i wouldnt be to worried

Try really really hard to not open the incubator and to not assist the hatch. I have a pipped egg in my bator now that I noticed was pipped at 11 am, so far, nothing more. Hatching is a trial in patience.

Its hard not to help them its my first time incubating and just want my first chick

helping them can be more harmfull than just letting them be, you could actually kill the chick if you help to soon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what happens next is... A completely different egg with absolutely Nothing going on, will Pip, Zip, and Hatch all while you're still waiting on, and worrying about that first trickster.

Back
Top Bottom