How long for a hovabator to warm up?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by michiganlarry, Apr 10, 2009.

1. michiganlarry

michiganlarry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    How long should it take the havabator 1602n to get up to 100 degrees?

2. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

I would let it "normal out" over night so you know everything is working and stable.

3. michiganlarry

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    When I put it together according to the instructions it only went up to around 85 or so before the thermostat kicked out. Normal?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  4. LoupGarou

LoupGarou Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    You have to manually adjust your thermostat using the wing nut until it reaches the right temperature.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    It took me 2 days to get it right and even then-Ive had problems with it--Thank goodness my girls are home for spring break and I call every couple hours to have them check it and adjust if needed-I didnt realize after the eggs have been incubating a while the temp goes up too--duhh...

6. michiganlarry

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    I have been adjusting it here in my office to try to get it close before it goes home tonight. No water in it yet. Would that make a difference?

7. hippie

hippie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    N.E. missouri
    once they warm up inside they hold pretty steady. i still peep in on mine twice a day to make sure. occasionally it needs 1/8 turn one way or the other. i set some eggs a little over a week ago and it took awhile to get up to 100 with the cold eggs in there.

8. michiganlarry

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    I have it running with no water or eggs right now and it is close to the 100 degree mark. These 52 year old eyes need a digital thermometer to be certain of the temp. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by