how long from pipping to hatching?

quailtrail

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2013
Maine
Ok my 1st set were quick hatchers. This is my 2nd now day 18. I have had one pipping for a few hrs now. How long before I need to worry. I swear my 1st hatch zipped and popped right out!!!

Wait another 12 hours and then start to ask how much longer until you worry!
celebrate.gif

Sometimes they sit there pipped for a LONG time. Best of luck with your hatch!!

Wait another 12 hours and then start to ask how much longer until you worry!  :celebrate

Sometimes they sit there pipped for a LONG time.  Best of luck with your hatch!! 

Ok thanks...waiting patiently. ..NOT. lol!!!!

Ok there us still just one pipped. The hole is bigger. He was chirping away this am and pecking away slowly. My 10yo has been calling me every hr with an update. She is a wreck. I chec ked on it all nite

Well it was having trouble breathing and struggling per my husband. ..as I was driving home from work...an hr drive. Said leave it alone...but they were getting worried and panicked. So DH pulled apart some pieces and helped him out... last thing I said was not to touch it. Now its laying there moving its legs like its trying to get up but its body can't. It looks like a plucked bird all pink with an occasional fluffy strand. :'(

It is never good to help them out. Many times they don't survive or you end up putting them down. If they can't get out of the shell by themselves, then usually they are too weak to continue with life. So sorry.

Agreed! I was so angry I couldnt even look at DH last night. I said not to do anything unless I was there :( Our baby hatchling did not make it.

Back
Top Bottom