How long is too long?

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
If you leave your kid at some one's house for a playdate (under 10 year old child) and you are going to be late picking them up? How late before you call?

Cell phones and all, I would think 10-15 minutes....

TOnight it was an Hour and 20 minutes AFTER the pick up time before mom showed up....
rant.gif
Poor kid.
roll.png

No call, no apology.
hu.gif

I felt so sorry for the kid I wasn't even mad at the mom, I assumed she had fallen asleep or something but she said the baby did but not her. Maybe she was just too tired to wake the baby to come get the older kid? I'd have happily said sure if she had called and asked...
hu.gif

She seems very socially awkward to me and her daughter is clearly depressed. I mean clinically depressed at 9.

I reported the girl's state of mind to the school last year when she told me she wanted to kill herself. (at 8!) I know she was put in counseling.... that is all I am allowed to know.

I will keep inviting this kid over and try to make it so I am always the one who brings her home (could not do that today as my car is in the shop)

The daughter seemed better this visit than she had when last I saw her, but not normal...
idunno.gif

Let me put it this way. When I was a pre-school teacher and one kids father still hadn't shown an hour after we closed, I called the police. They picked up the child, wrote a report and I left there at 7:10 pm - 2 hours and 10 minutes after closing and I left a note on the door where he could find the child.

I have to call if I MIGHT be late! But, I've had kids over who had parents FORGET they were here. Sheriff was over anyway, kid spend 3 weeks until Dad got home. That marriage didn't last much longer. Never did hear from the mother.

Quote:
Oh yes, I know this is the policy of most centers. Did you ever find out what had become of dad??

I would really have to be being pushed beyond my limit to do that to the kid.....

Once when DD was in preschool I was late picking her up. There was a huge accident on the main road into town and traffic was at a stand still. I tried calling but my cell quit. I was frantic. By time I got to the school it was over 45 minutes after closing. Turned out more than half of the parents were arriving with me.... Luckily for all of us the teachers had heard through the grapevine that the road was closed.

Another time. DH was hurt and work and taken to the hospital, I rushed there and honestly missed what time it was. I called as soon as I realized and said MIL would be right over to get her. The school was cool, it was only about 15 minutes late when I called and explained. But DD has never forgiven me for being late that day. The first day everyone was still there so she didn't notice how late it was....

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
Oh yes, I know this is the policy of most centers. Did you ever find out what had become of dad??

I would really have to be being pushed beyond my limit to do that to the kid.....

Once when DD was in preschool I was late picking her up. There was a huge accident on the main road into town and traffic was at a stand still. I tried calling but my cell quit. I was frantic. By time I got to the school it was over 45 minutes after closing. Turned out more than half of the parents were arriving with me.... Luckily for all of us the teachers had heard through the grapevine that the road was closed.

Another time. DH was hurt and work and taken to the hospital, I rushed there and honestly missed what time it was. I called as soon as I realized and said MIL would be right over to get her. The school was cool, it was only about 15 minutes late when I called and explained. But DD has never forgiven me for being late that day. The first day everyone was still there so she didn't notice how late it was....

The dad was raising her on his own, and I often had suspicions of abuse but no proof. He was often late picking her up too. That night, I called. I reported all my suspicions too. Not that they can do anything with that, but he never brought her back to the school the rest of the time I worked there.​

Back
Top Bottom