1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How long should I keep Honey separated from the others?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Godiva, May 23, 2008.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Honey is a BO pullet (5 weeks old) that has been on antibiotics since Monday afternoon. She is WAY better than she was but is still a LOT smaller than her contemporaries in the brooder. I was wondering how long I should keep her separated for infectious reasons and also wondering if they will accept her back at the end of her quaratine? I am wondering if she will stay a lot smaller or if you think she may catch up in size once she is totally better or if I should think of including her in my bantie flock where she would be much the same size as the two bantam cochins that are same age as her? She has until the 29th on the antibiotics... should I wait until those are done? She is looking SO much better now I feel bad for her being all on her own...

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    What was she taking the antibiotics for?

3. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    She had a lot of gram negative bacteria in her poop, bubbly breathing and stopped growing altogether! .... I think I am just going to keep her separated until the antibiotics are done and then try to reintroduce with her hatchmates when done...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by