How long should i treat chickens for worms?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thinkyesi, Jan 21, 2018.

1. thinkyesi

thinkyesi Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2016
    I found out my girls have tape worm segments coming out in their poop, so i went to the feed store and the girl offered me only what they had which was Wazine. So in the morning i gave the girls 1 ounce in a gallon of water. And most of my girls look fine except for a couple who look weakish. Now ive been seeing the tape worm segments for about a week, and i never saw any other worm in their poop. But today when a chicken pooped i saw a round worm. But it was stiff and looked dehydrated. So i found out wazine doesnt do anything for tape worms so i read online about getting a horse dewormer.

So how long should i give my girls wazine and to treat the tape worms how long should i treat them with the gold horse dewormer?
  2. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Treat them once with the Zimectrin gold period. Praziquantal is the only dewormer that kills tapes. Don't use the Wazine for this cycle. Save it for next time. Toss the eggs if anyone is laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by