how long till we should give up...

v.cyr

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Greene, NY
we had a dozen in the 'bator... Saturday was day 21, and we have had 6 hatch since then... the 6 left haven't pipped yet, though a couple are wobbling... just wanted to know how long we should keep hoping for them to hatch...

I have no movement and today is day 24 and none have hatched or pipped. I'm taking them to school Wednesday and letting my pre AP class disect them. It's depressing but at least I've turned a sad moment into an educational moment.

not seeing any real movement now..guess we will wait till tomorrow(day 25)...

anywho, here are 4 of the 6 that have hatched... the other two not in the shot are typical bared markings, like the two in this shot, one with a brown face...

IMAG0003.jpg

one of the barred ones is blind in one eye... hoping it is a roo, will name it Odin if it is...

not entirely sure what the gold and striped one will turn out like... we know they are inbred, their parents are our BRxBOs from last year,(not planning on keeping them for breeding though, this batch is likely destined for the freezer) so according to the chicken calculator there is a metric butt-load of possibilities, so we will wait and see...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom