How long to incubate mule muscovy eggs??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mirandaleecon, Feb 15, 2015.

1. mirandaleecon

mirandaleecon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    So I am trying to hatch some duck eggs and I am having trouble figuring out when to stop turning them. My issue is that the drake is a muscovy and the females are a mix of muscovy, pekin, and khaki campbell. I don't know which eggs are from which since they all lay in the same place. I know that the pure muscovies take 35 days and I'm pretty sure the muscovy/pekin take 32 but I cannot find anything about the muscovy/campbell mix. Any idea how long they take? And will the pure muscovies suffer if I stop turning too soon?

2. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    Hmmm... This is interesting! Hopefully someone can chime in. I would assume that any mallard derived crossed with Muscovy would be the same hatching time.

3. mirandaleecon

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    I guess the most important thing is what will happen if I stop Turning too soon, or if I turn them too long? Because no matter what, either one is going to happen to some of these eggs...

4. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    well what was the mother?

5. mirandaleecon

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    There are 4 different mothers, one pekin, one campbell, and two muscovies. That's where my problem lies, I have no idea who is the mother to what eggs...

6. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    well then theres no idea of how to help you, the eggs with mallard erived mothers will be closer to 26 days and the muscovys mothers eggs will be closer to 36 days,

yes the muscovys could suffer if you stop turning too soon or too late.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  7. mirandaleecon

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    Ok well I guess I will just have to do the best I can and see How it goes...

8. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    Any chance you can tell the age by candling?

9. mirandaleecon

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    That actually seems like the best option right now. I just don't know what to look for...there has to be someone who hatched eggs that maybe one of their hens abandoned and they didn't know the set date...

10. mirandaleecon

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    Update: Day 20 and 12 of the original 15 eggs I set seem to be doing well. Had a cracked egg that was doing well but it quit on me yesterday (I knew as soon as I opened the incubator! Blech!)
    I've been reading as much as I can and my plan is to keep turning them until the first one internally pips.
    I have realized that I've been keeping the humidity up a bit too high so I'm fixing that now. Their air sacs seem a bit small for how far along they are but hopefully it's not too late. Fingers crossed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by