1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How long you were engaged till you got married???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Omran, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hello,How are you Guys?

My wife and me were engaged for only 12 days and then we got married, that was 13 years ago, and before we did that we only seen each others through letters and pictures.
    How crazy you think is that [​IMG] [​IMG]

Omran

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    ah probably a year [​IMG] Were together for about 5 years before we got married [​IMG]

and we've been married almost 5 years [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Met in college. Engaged within 3 weeks. Married about 6 weeks later. Now, married 33 years.

4. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Wow! How amazing that you've been together 13 years!

Dh and I were dating for 11 months when we became engaged; engaged 10 months when we were married. We've been together for a total of 8.5 years now. [​IMG]

5. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    We're getting married this fall and will have been together for over 6 years and engaged for one year....

But I know a girl who met her husband on the internet... she was in Seattle, and he was in London, England, and she flew to London to meet him for the first time and they got married on that trip the first time they met each other... so I guess it happens!

6. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Engaged after 6 months, and married 6 months after that! will be married 1 year July, 20th!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  7. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Dated for 4 years, engaged for 2 months and married for 5 years.

8. emilyweck

emilyweck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    I can relate a little to you. We were NEVER engaged. He was living up in Alaska and I flew up there to see him. We just decided one day we were going to go get married. We pushed all the doc's through and managed to do it the next day.

We've only been married 1 year, but am looking forward to many more.

Congrats to you! Love at first sight?????????

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Met her on Dec 14th. Asked her to marry me on December 24th. Married her June 30th.

It will be 22 years this year.

10. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think it's that crazy. Lifelong love and happiness in marriage is all about trust, communication, and commitment, not length of time together before marriage.

My in-laws were together about 6 weeks before getting engaged and have been married since 1962.

However, my husband and I dated for 4 years before getting married. We are on 16+ years of marriage.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by