How long................

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Acre of Blessings, May 24, 2008.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Will it take for Blu-Kote to go away? Will it go away quicker if you wash it off? Just curious.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

HA HA HA!! [​IMG] Im so sorry, I just had to laugh...I remember the first time I used it....on a very angry and scared hen. I was SMURFED!! I think it took 3 or 4 days to get it off my face! [​IMG]

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Nail polish remover takes it off... [​IMG]

It takes a lot longer coming off of a chicken, though. I sprayed a hen in November, and she still has a little touch of purple to her feathers... [​IMG]

4. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I was talking about off the chicken. Will it be O.K. to clip the feathers off that wtill have the blu-kote on them (after they grow out some, of course).

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Oh... sorry. [​IMG] I assumed that because I get it all over me when I spray it, that everyone else does too... [​IMG] It won't hurt the chickens if you just let it fade. I don't know that it helps to wash it, and the chickens really don't care for it. [​IMG] I wouldn't worry about clipping the feathers.

6. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I know about getting it all over yourself. Me and daughter looked like we smashed each others hands in the door or something. So funny. People say " oh, my, what happened to your hand" and your like, Blu-Kote, tough stuff. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by