1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How long?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TexasChickenLady, Jul 26, 2008.

1. TexasChickenLady

TexasChickenLady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2008
    Pampa, Texas
    Newly added banties, got them monday and tue am found a grape sized squishy eggy thing and then wed a.m. found normal egg (for thier size) so today is sat and no egg since tue. Is this normal? I don't know exactly which one was laying but one of them kept sitting all day fri. Also if at some time I decided to let one of my bantam hens hatch her eggs are they good mothers? Thanks in adavace! I love this place I have so many questions![​IMG]

2. TexasChickenLady

TexasChickenLady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2008
    Pampa, Texas
    Ok so one hen paid the rent with a little egg it's now sat 2:30 pm.

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Chickens get stressed when they move to a new home, and that can cause a soft-shelled egg. One of my good layers laid a soft-shelled egg in her cage at the fair, and I think it was because of her stressful surroundings. I think it's normal.

I've never had bantams, but I've heard they're good mothers. What kind are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by