How loud....Really?

k625

Songster
12 Years
Aug 14, 2007
Florida
So im going out on a limb and going from 0 rooster to 4 polish bantam roosters pretty much in one day. These have all lived together since birth and are about 9 months old or so now. They all get along great, but what I am wondering is how loud is the crowing???

I have heard that polish roos have a "odd" crow, and its not that loud, and they dont really crow all day. I know this can vary depending on the roo, but I just wanted your opinons on this. Those of you that have had polish bantam roos please let me know how they have been for you
smile.png

Thanks guys so much!

I'm new to chickens - got my 1st last Spring. Two of the Polish were accidental roosters. One actually masqueraded as a hen until I gave the 1st one away! They were both enthusiastic crowers... all day. I had to get rid of the 2nd one also. One of the neighbors claimed it was giving her nightmares. I traded him for 2 guinea keets;)!

I'd love to know if there is a breed that doesn't crow much because I really do like roosters.

uh oh..well hopefully they dont crow all the time. I dont mind a few times a day or so....but I NEED them for breeding purposes
sad.png
I guess it just comes with the territory.

Hopefully some other polish people will chime in with good answers ... that they only cew a few times a day as opposed to the silkie roo I used to have that crowed every 20 minutes!! lol

Back
Top Bottom