How loud....Really?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by k625, Mar 29, 2009.

1. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    So im going out on a limb and going from 0 rooster to 4 polish bantam roosters pretty much in one day. These have all lived together since birth and are about 9 months old or so now. They all get along great, but what I am wondering is how loud is the crowing???

I have heard that polish roos have a "odd" crow, and its not that loud, and they dont really crow all day. I know this can vary depending on the roo, but I just wanted your opinons on this. Those of you that have had polish bantam roos please let me know how they have been for you [​IMG]

Thanks guys so much!

2. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I've never had Polishes. Sorry. [​IMG]

3. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

It`s a personal thing. Roos have different crows and people have different noise tolerances.

4. 2manycrittrz

2manycrittrz New Egg

Mar 29, 2009
    South Central PA
    I'm new to chickens - got my 1st last Spring. Two of the Polish were accidental roosters. One actually masqueraded as a hen until I gave the 1st one away! They were both enthusiastic crowers... all day. I had to get rid of the 2nd one also. One of the neighbors claimed it was giving her nightmares. I traded him for 2 guinea keets;)!

I'd love to know if there is a breed that doesn't crow much because I really do like roosters.

5. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    uh oh..well hopefully they dont crow all the time. I dont mind a few times a day or so....but I NEED them for breeding purposes [​IMG] I guess it just comes with the territory.

Hopefully some other polish people will chime in with good answers ... that they only cew a few times a day as opposed to the silkie roo I used to have that crowed every 20 minutes!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by