How many bags of frozen peas do you go thru? :-)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tdgill, Mar 22, 2011.

1. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

I just keep getting bigger bags, and end up giving more peas....can they overdose on pea treats? I have trained them to hand feeding two adopted ducks who wouldnt come near me at first. I love ducks!

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    LOL

I have never heard of a pea OD. If it were possible all my ducks would be dead by now [​IMG]

3. tdgill

tell us - your pea bill. # bags. storage area. stops at the store....lol any or all of the above. DBF knows if he is stopping by the store on the way home...might as well pick up a bag of frozen peas. Used to be kale AND peas, but now that we have alot of green growing (and I read some weird stuff about kale and calcium) its just peas.

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

im feeding 7 bags a week. They get a bag of peas a day along with lettuce or some sort of greens, tomatoes and grapes every day.

5. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    2 large bags a week.

6. tdgill

love your place chickensioux! curiosity got the best of me and had to check it out. lovely home. especially like the surprise bunny on the table on the backporch! [​IMG]

eta: what a lovely collection of birds you must have also!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  7. tdgill

Quote:sounds entirely reasonable for 15 ducks lol! And jeez they absolutely LOVE THEM... So I will have to plan on more peas in my future with an order of 8 new babies on the way! Oh and my little girlfriend from next door who is 6 years old, hates peas. But when its time to treat the ducks I have to pour some from the bag into her mouth! They ARE pretty tasty frozen! (oh btw, if I am feeding them any peas frozen it is in small amounts like a training method. One or two at a time. Otherwise we thaw them....

8. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

lets see,, I have 4 calls.... One week = 2 bgs peas~ 2 bgs corn~ 8 Romaine lettuce hearts and 14 tomatoes. Ive had them exactly 1 yr and they have not missed getting their nitely treats once..lol If Im outta town, I leave treats all ready and the duckie sitter puts them out for them...

9. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I feed a huge family size bag each week to my six ducks. My ducks have a fit if I thaw them first, they want them frozen and they gobble em up. They won't eat corn or romaine lettuce. My niece broke up a piece of bread and tossed it into the pen while I was gone for the day, it was still there at supper time, my ducks hate bread. They love spinach greens and turnip greens but only fresh, won't touch the frozen/thawed stuff. Spoiled little boogers LOL

Michelle

10. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Quote:Thank you so much. Bella (the rabbit) is in a world of her own. Not a care in the world.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by