how many bantam cochins/chabos can i put in here?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by spish, Jul 14, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    ive been offered one of these for a very nice price (€60)

[​IMG]

i suppose its similar to a chicken tractor? (but its supposed to be for rabbits) its L 125 x W 87,8 x H 100 cm

im just wondering how many bantam cochins or chabos i could house in it?

or my other option is this

[​IMG]

but then adding a little house onn the side. this run is L 152 x W 91,5 x H 47 cm

i need something 'protective' from aerial attacks since a hawk moved in and started picking off my smaller chickens [​IMG]

i dont have time to make anything but can pick either of these up tomorrow......

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. SueSteeves

SueSteeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    I have three bantam cochins in something very similar, and they seem to be happy. They also get free range time everyday when I can be outside to supervise. You may even get away with four depending on how much they like each other [​IMG]

3. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    hi sue thanks for the reply...which one do you mean? the top one?

4. SueSteeves

SueSteeves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Yup, was talking about the ark.

5. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

My guess would be 6 bantams in that coop/run (top photo) ~ the A-coop with a roof, ramp, and fenced -in run.

The bottom photo of thr run that's all fenced in, I'd guess 6-8 bantams, IF you add a small house to the run. ALSO, allow your chickens an hour or to of free ranging before sunset.

6. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    ooh i cant decide [​IMG] i have a nice house that will attach to the bottom one, and its cheaper by €10......but the arc one is so much nicer(!)

argh!

7. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    seeing as i couldnt make up my mind, my fella is buying one for me and i'm buying the other [​IMG])) happy happy happy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by