How many boys do you see

Tarneebear1

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2015
Hi,
I purchased 4 australorps currently around 5 weeks old and then seperatly 2 araucanas around 7 weeks old and was told they are all girls but I am not so sure but this is my first time owning chickens so I would love some feedback as roosters are not permitted where we reside.
Thanks in advance

That is not good for me
1f633.png

My feeling was the 2nd araucana and the 1st australorp was male but to find out that 5 out of 6 are males I am not sure what to do.

I'm afraid I'm also seeing 5 probable males out of 6. That's pretty bad luck, especially when they were all sold as female! I hope, for your sake, that sale came with some sort of guarantee.

Can't be sure about the first araucana as you can't really see it's comb from that angle but gut feeling is, it's a pullet.... it's really pretty!

Last edited:
I'm deverstated. i have a pic of them around 2.5 weeks old and 3 of the australorps have tails except the 1st one which I started to suspect was a boy.
I have had them since they were a week old but can't believe at least 5 boys out of 6, I must have a neon sign on my forehead :(

Pic of the "only possible" pullet and 2nd pic is the australorps at about 2.5 weeks and except one (which is the first original pic) that I suspected might be male the rest have a tail and started to feather up.

Back
Top Bottom