How many chickens can a dang fox eat!!!!!!

Kickin' Chickin'

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
Upstate New York
8 birds is the answer just in case you didn't know. 5 red pullets,2 whites , my rooster and my 8 week old turkey. Is there 2 foxes doing this or will 1 do this much damage?They only had a small time frame in which to snatch them and I can't even find the turkey feathers . There will be no "live" trap set. It will be a trap alright but there will be no surviving it. I am so angry with myself for letting this happen .

Last edited:
I know the feeling and hate it for you!! We have to do whatever it takes to keep them safe. I thought mine was and then another racoon came back.....lost three from my first hatch this spring.

Now my DH is talking about moving the last hatch out there! Not without securing that corner coop once again. Weakness has to be secured.

I know exactly how you feel and am so sorry.......

I had Three Baby turkeys, and a 6 sex links 2 Road island Reds and some other Chicken not sure of the breed and a Fox got them all last mth. All I have left his 6 meat birds. My husband is a sweetheart he bought me home 8 Sex links lastnight
smile.png
They are staying in the inside coop/and they can go in there outside coop that is inclosed w/ chicken wire.

Sorry for your Loss i REALLY hate FOXES now

Sadly enough, this time of year it's as many as it can catch. Kits are still checking in with mom and dad, and the parents will still supply food for their litter.

This all happened just this morning. Walked the property ,which is only an acre, and found five different places where the birds were "processed"! No bones,feet or blood just feathers. Haven't found any sign of the rooster at all. My question is , would that have been 2 parents hunting together?

Kickin' Chickin' :

This all happened just this morning. Walked the property ,which is only an acre, and found five different places where the birds were "processed"! No bones,feet or blood just feathers. Haven't found any sign of the rooster at all. My question is , would that have been 2 parents hunting together?

Probably parents teaching 3-5 kits how to catch poultry. They will be back, and electric fence is an excellent deterrent in conjunction with effective fencing.​

Kickin' Chickin' :

near those places of processing will be a trail or 2 they are fairly faint but those trails make it easy to get rid of the pred​

Oh yeh a single fox could easily cause that much distruction. Here in England foxes are our biggest chicken killer, i know someone who lost around 100 to one fox. They tend to kill everything with a view of returning to collect the remaining later. My guess is it will be back soon. Sorry for your loss, must be awfull for you
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom