How many chicks did you get today?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Iheartchicks<3:), Mar 5, 2011.

1. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Songster

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Post how many and pics!! Sort of like the how mnay eggs did you get today?

2. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Songster

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Well... yesterday (I hope yesterday instead of today is ok) I got 5 RIR and 5 RSL and 3 white leghorns... and on February 25th I got 11 Black stars and 16 production reds... I'm loaded with chicks! Its the best way to be! Here's one of my black stars they are so cute!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  3. Chickenpoor

Chickenpoor Songster

Jan 3, 2011
    Westminster, SC
    I didn't get chicks as in chickens but I got an Emu chick:

[​IMG]

4. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Songster

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    I couldn't help myself today. I have 60+ chicks coming from Welp's in April...but that is sooo long to wait. TSC has their chicks in, and I came home with 8. [​IMG] I know for sure I have two silkies-white...one little black bantam with feathered legs, one little brown striped bantam, and what I believe will be 3 Barred Rocks, and a White pullet of some sort.

5. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Songster

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Quote:OMG how cutttteee

6. rocky41102

rocky41102 In the Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Tennessee
    Here's the three I got yesterday. I wanted more, but these were the only chicks left at our store! These are my first chicks too!

[​IMG]

7. moetrout

moetrout Songster

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    I drove an hour today to get 2 black copper marans. But....you know 2 is not enough so my daughter and I stopped by TSC on the way home and got 2 BO's, 2 BS's, and 2 ameraucanas. No pics yet.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair &amp; Feathers

I actually GAVE 3 chicks away today (well, I charged a buck apiece for 'em). The fun part is that it was to a feed store employee; the feed store doesn't carry Cochins. I hatched some "silver laced Cochins" and she only has black Cochins, so she wanted some of the silvers I had told her I was hatching.

Kind of a nifty turn-around, huh?!?!

9. djackjr

djackjr Songster

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Got 7 was allowed 4 SHHHHHH don't tell her lol. Anyways got 2 Turkens, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Plymouths, 1 Rhode Island Red..... which brings my flock to 11 and growing.....oops don't tell her I said that...... [​IMG]

10. TurnersPoultry

TurnersPoultry In the Brooder

Feb 11, 2011
    Orlando
    out of my homemade incubator yesterday i got 3 game chicks an early duck.today i got 2 chicks that were supposed to hatch tomaro.no pics but i have a link to watch the first one hatch of of my homemade incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: