1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How Many cocks did you get with your pullet orders? What Breed ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ghulst, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I got 25 Buff Orpington pullers but 8 turned into cocks. Tell me your experiances. Thanks

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    got 6 polish 2 boys
    5 standard cochins-4 boys

3. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Of the 10 pullets I ordered from Ideal, 0 of them turned out to be roos...Yippee!

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I got 5 EE chicks from a TSC and only one turned out to be a roo. He is a loving leader of his flock till this day.

5. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    My first order from ideal was for 12 pullets. Sexing only being 90% accurate i figured on one roo. I got lucky and the odds worked in my favor...1 out of the 12 was a roo. Good Luck

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I ordered the pullet pack(25) from meyer and did get 1 roo, so well within the 90% they gaurantee. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Did you order all pullets? I think I would be [​IMG] complaining if that was my order.

8. Hurst

Hurst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Whitestown,Indiana
    From Murray Mcmurray I ordered the "Backyard Bargain" I think. And I got a pair of Pekins, a pair of Brown Chineese geese, a pair of turkeys(hen is a narraganset and male is a bronze) and finnaly I ordered 10 layers that came with the bargain and they turned out to be all Barnevelder hens. Overall I think I got pretty lucky.[​IMG]

9. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    So far only roo was from TSC that came from their RR pullet bin (someone bought a cute yellow chick and a cute brown chick for their kids and when they got to be about 4 weeks they ended up at my house via a friend) .

10. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    ordered 11 chicks in a pullet surprise from Ideal. two were roos "SURPRISE" they have a guarantee on their pullets of 90%, but one of the roos flew the coop (literally he just disappeared) which left me with 9 out of 10 being pullets. I'm hoping to sell the remaining roo this weekend. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by