How many coops and runs do you have?

I have an 12x16 coop w/ 20x20 run, 2 big built in brooders and a sectioned off juvie coop/run...the rest is for the layers
a 6x8 bantam coop w/ 8x8 ft run
another 4x8 bantam coop w/ 8x15ft
a second 4x8 coop w/ 10x20ft run
2 small duck houses/runs

And I am getting ready to build a coop and run for my various bantam Cochins, one for our Turkeys and we are working on a tractor for my Seramas.

One would never be enough here lol.

Only one here. I have a playhouse that I'm thinking of converting, but the only thing I could use it for is a transition home for the babies. Where we live it gets cold in the winter, and we need insulation!
sad.png

We have
4 covered breeding pens 5 X 10
4 covered breeding pens 5 x 18
5 covered grow out pens 5 x 10
1 covered transition pen 4 X 8
1 temporary pen 10 x 10
1 hen house 5 x 8
1 roosting house 16 x 8
1 partially covered common area 50 x 60

I am not quite done with my main coop, and I'm already planninf my garden tractor... we only have half an acre though. If you've got the space, the more the better, right?!

We started with one coop, but figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't enough for us. Then we got a playhouse and made a second coop.

Still not enough! - So we built the MEGA COOP 24X30 Barn with 5 pens and 5 runs right now. May have to do more in the future.
lau.gif

Main coop 8x8 with a 30x 20 run
New coop 4 x4 with 20 x 9 run
Japanese coop 5 x5 with 10 x 8 run.
1 duck shelter
1 tractor
1 8x3 brooder
1 round 5" brooder

plans to build 2 more tractors for breeding trios of bantams and 1 more coopa nd run.

I am working on our 3rd.

I have a 6X8 coop
a small coop (haven't measured it, but it's roughly 3X5) for growing out babies, or broodies, or breeding
Currently building an 8X12 coop with a brooding area for growing out more babies.

And it's still not enough. I have all these ideas and not enough coops to do them in.

3 coops

1 coop is 12 X12 w/ a 12 X 24 foot run

The other 2 coops are 12 X 16 and 6X12 - The smaller of the coops is for my new chicks so although there is a door for them to go outside - they don't, at least not yet. The bigger coop holds all my layers and they are free range.

Back
Top Bottom