How many eggs did you get from your flock in 2010?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by trunkman, Dec 31, 2010.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    How many eggs did you get last year from your flock. My flock fluctuated from 6 to 12 hens this past year. I started my flock Jan. 3, 2010 with 6 adult hens that have since passed and added 11 new layers last spring. I've kept track of how many eggs I've gotten from my flock all year and my total is 1478 eggs, now that's alot of omelets! How many eggs did you get in 2010? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    About 70. Blame it on the silkies [​IMG]

3. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    This is our first year and finally today our 6th and final girl laid an egg. So there wasnt anything to keep track of until recently.

last week: 20
    week prior: 22
    week prior: 12 (frigid cold here)
    week prior: 14
    week prior: 14

so that is 85 plus the 3 we got today! Not bad for the last 5 weeks of the year.

2 EE, 1 RIR, 1 BSL, 2 frizzles--just started laying Christmas, got 3 eggs in the last week

4. digger MN

digger MN Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    Have 11 hens. Got them April 5, And this is my first time with chickens, RIR, Bared, and 2 white ones ????. 1847 Boy this is a good start or what. I am proud of them.

5. kelidei

kelidei ~*Dances with chickens*~

Mar 18, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    We had about 7300 this year and we have 60 layers. Some of them didn't start laying until July... recently I have been getting between 28-32 eggs a day after their molt. We are getting 30 replacement chicks next month to replace some of our non-producers and to fill in where we lost a few girls over the past two years. I am replacing cornishes with leghorns, red and black stars, Jersey giants, a few blue cochins and a few cuckoo marans.... I also have Australorps, orpingtons, EE's, RIR's, welsummers, partridge rocks and a few different wyandottes.

6. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:Wow, that's alot of eggs, you must sell some.[​IMG]

7. kelidei

kelidei ~*Dances with chickens*~

Mar 18, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:Wow, that's alot of eggs, you must sell some.[​IMG]

[​IMG] Yes I sell most of them, and I give some to the hungry through my church... This is our third year and the egg business has grown very well just by word of mouth... I am hatching some silkies right now just for fun and this summer we are going to raise some turkey poults(people have been requesting them for the fall) and runner ducks (mostly because I am fascinated by them) but I have had people ask for duck eggs [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  8. LOST Chick Heather

LOST Chick Heather Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2010
    3...but they started laying on the 30th![​IMG]

9. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Let's see here, looking at my trusty daily scratches on last years calender...

303 less the 7 Jan 1st so 196 eggs for the girls, for me I mean.

Ginger was late in coming and still a bit sporatic in her first 3 weeks.

10. bald egg

bald egg Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2009
    NE Kansas
    My 7 girls arerage 40 eggs a week. They are good girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by