1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many eggs did you get this past week?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by trunkman, Sep 20, 2010.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I got 61 eggs this week from 11 pullets!! Wooo Hoooo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. kakayona

kakayona Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2009
    Stratford
    since its the first day of the week I only got two. [​IMG]

3. poorartists

poorartists Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2010
    How did you get that many eggs? Share your wisdom? What breed? How old?

I have been so impatient with my flock. The only ones laying at 7 months old on a consistent basis are my to RIRs.

My 2 Americanas, and 2 Light Brahmas are just eating feed! I have an offer from a local farmer to trade me 3 RIRS that are close to 1 year old for my four 7 month olds (the Americanas and Brahmas). Do you think I should take the slightly older Rhode Island Reds and ditch my four younger pretty non-layers?

Please advise ASAP!!! - newbie Sarah

4. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:i would ri reds lay all winter.

5. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i got 53 eggs last week out of 23 hens. i start my week on sunday thru saturday. thats when i count my eggs for the week.

6. poorartists

poorartists Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2010
    Good point. Also, how common is chicken lice? If I do this trade to increase my egg laying, I'm giving my four chickens away. These four chickens were all treated for a very mild case of chicken lice last month, and seem fully recovered. I guess I should be honest and share this info. with the farmer I'm trading with. But then again, I bet her flock of 100 birds as mild chicken lice at times too right?

7. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:I do the same, my week starts on Sunday too. [​IMG]

8. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:I have no wisdom, I'm new to chickens too, all I do is feed them layer feed, give them a treat of scratch every day when I get home from work, and let them free range while I'm home. I also give them treats like cooked spaghetti, cooked oatmeal, bread ends, and any leftovers I have, no secrets here... [​IMG]

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I got around 100 eggs 20+ hens

10. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:I have RIR's, barred rocks, new hampshire reds, austrolorps, one white rock and one jersey giant... all 24 and 27 weeks old..

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by