How many eggs do button quail lay!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jfulcher, Jun 11, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Okay so about 4 days ago my Button started laying eggs. I have a total of 6. I thought okay no problem when she didn't lay any for a day. then laid 2 today to make up for the day she missed. How many will she lay? Or will she keep laying? I have a very small incubator 6inx4in I mean I could probably lay 15-20 eggs in there if I tried.. But it would be cramped..

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    They can lay an egg a day until 2 years (then an egg every other day)...then there are those that are 5 years that lay 1 a week and get older and retire [​IMG] Personal experience.

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Oh fuuuun HAHAHAA guess I need to either get a bigger cooler or buy a real incubator... I have another pair about to lay at any moment.... Do you have any experience with the little giant still air incubator? I have read excellent reviews on it and could probably fit 100 eggs in it at one time. Or is there a "inexpensive" meaning under 60 bucks incubator you would recommend?

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Lgs work if you can keep the humidity and temp right on. I like the hovabators to be honest [​IMG]

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I am shopping around I am not going to trust my little eggs to just any incubator. Nor just spend money on any ol bator. If you know of anyone getting rid of one in working order or that needs minimal work for very little money let me know as well. I do not mind used stuff :p
    I am desperate to just see if I have what it takes to hatch eggs lol. If you do know someone selling one let me know and I will PM u my email address and info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by