How many eggs do you get a day from how many pullets?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by trunkman, Aug 8, 2010.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I'm getting 1 egg a day from 11 pullets, mine just started laying this week. [​IMG]

2. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

cool trunkman! I get about two eggs a day from my two hens. One started laying last year and the other started YESTERDAY!!!

3. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Louie, you mean it took one of your hens a whole year to lay?? [​IMG]

4. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Yup [​IMG]

5. savingdogs

savingdogs Chillin' With My Peeps

My hen numbers have ranged between 18 and 12 layers and I've gotten anywhere from 18 to zero, depending on conditions. In the extreme heat they did not lay.
    My average is about a dozen a day when things are going good, with the occasional day when we get six. I read somewhere that most chickens will lay about every day and a half and that seems about right to me, I wonder what others think of that ratio? Mine have done a little better than that, I think, but they are all just over a year old.

6. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:Well congrats on your new layer!! [​IMG]

7. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i have been getting 8-14 eggs a day from my 15, 16month old hens. and i got 10 more 1 year old hens last sunday and there just starting to lay again they were under fed from previous owner. he had 50 birds in one small coop and was only feeding 2 small cofee cans of mash a day. so i imagine not all were getting enough to lay . but they are getting plenty of food and water now. they should come around to laying again soon.

8. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals, glad you took them away from that person.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I get 12-18 eggs a day from 17 hens----11 of them are a year old, and the other 6 just hatched this spring and started laying a couple of weeks or so ago. [​IMG]

10. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals, glad you took them away from that person.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

he is selling them for $5.00 a piece raised them as chicks and now just turned a year old. he said he started with 250 birds and is down to 40 birds left to sell . he had rhode island reds crossed with newhampshire red . buff orps black sex links. some were hen pecked pretty bad some were fine . i didnt know they were all cooped together until i got there . oh well least i rescued 10 to have a better life .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by