how many Eggs you get today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blueseal, Jan 9, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE

2. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    16 today [​IMG] ,,,golden comets [​IMG] golden comets [​IMG]

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

5/7

4. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY

5. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    4 out of 8 but I have two moms.

6. JimWWhite

JimWWhite Chillin' With My Peeps

We've been getting anywhere between 12 and 20 eggs a day from our 29 GC's for the past month or so. The Gals have been in a real slowdown lately probably because they're starting to peak out with the older ones now being 2-1/2 years old. Our plan is to keep them all until this fall and find someone to take them off our hands, meaning well, not a good thing. I'm really having a problem with that aspect of keeping chickens. But anyways, we'll then clean out the coop, disinfect it, and replace the sand, etc. and do a general clean up before starting the flock again next spring. I hope we can get about 24 more of the Gold Comets or maybe a mix of 12 GC's and 12 Black Sex Links which I understand is an equally great layer.

7. mnisue

mnisue Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Happy Valley
    4 eggs from 8 hens, about average for my girls and the reason why I'm replacing several of them this fall.[​IMG]

8. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    8 from 17 today... waiting on 10 new pullets that are 24 weeks old to start laying. 3 out of the 10 have started. still waiting on the others. ( all rhode island reds from mt healthy hatchery) also have 12 pearl white leghorns from Meyer hatchery that are 8weeks old in the grower coop.

9. forrestacres

forrestacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Squam Lakes - NH
    4 eggs out of 4 ladies today

10. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by