how many Eggs you get today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blueseal, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Kudzu

Kudzu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    We have five Red Star that have been laying for about three weeks (one may not have started). We were averaging three a day, then on Saturday we got four, Sunday four and Monday zero, what up wit that? Have not checked today.

2. JimWWhite

JimWWhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, we got 18 big brown ones from our 29 GC's yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. 18 seems to be the norm these days. About half the Gals are now almost 2-1/2 years old so they're past their prime laying. The odd thing is that while we're getting fewer eggs each day we've been getting enormous ones on the scale of extra-large to jumbo, and some that are extra-jumbo. I packaged 4 dozen last night to bring in today and two of the cartons that I put the largest eggs in wouldn't close all the way and those were extra-large cartons. We'll let them go until the fall but I'm probably going to have to cull out the very oldest of the hens. Teresa wants to close them all out this fall, clean out and disinfect the coop, replace the sand in the run, and let it set over the winter before replacing the flock with 30 new started pullets early next spring. She wants to go with the Black Sex Links then instead of the Golden Comets.

3. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    15 today [​IMG]

4. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    10 from 17

5. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY

6. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    17 from 16 layers???I must have overlooked one again yesterday or I have a late evening layer [​IMG]

7. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE

8. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    9/14

9. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008