How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I don't know how many are layers yet, some are too young, but I have about 30. I got a doz. today.
dawnacus 439.jpg
a couple-o spotted eggs which are fun.

Those are some beautiful butt fruits! I got 1 from my little mean dominicker, it's fine though everyone gets a break now and then. :)
I don't know how many are layers yet, some are too young, but I have about 30. I got a doz. today.View attachment 1207838a couple-o spotted eggs which are fun.

Ice this morning with snow flurries and dropping temps all day. 17 on the porch thermometer. It was a balmy 36 in the coop tonight when I did a bed check. Good thing I did... I heard a rustle over near the garden and saw a dark shape perched on one of the PVC hoops. Thinking it might be the Great Horned Owl that has been hanging around, I hit it with the flashlight and discovered it was one of the Ameraucanas. With wind chill tonight below 0, it's good I found her. Big question is why was she out there? Even if she got locked out of the coop when the auto door closed, she had the option of staying in the run with plenty of protected roosting sites. Maybe she got confused by the snow as it was coming down pretty heavy around dusk. She's a young bird and I have had pullets get confused in the snow before. I'll keep an eye on her tomorrow.

5/8 today with an egg from an old Partridge Rock that hasn't laid since August.

Back
Top Bottom