How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2, both from my young marans. Hubby is convinced the Orpingtons are hiding theirs somewhere. My record in one day is 4.
It is possible they are hiding eggs. What "territorial" ability do they have to do that? Meaning are they confined to a coop and run or do you live somewhere they are out during the day? If the former, they can't be hidden too far. Also, is their coop raised off the ground some but not a lot? If they can get under it and you can't, any eggs laid there will be really hard to fine or get.

They normally have access to my fenced yard, but with the snow they have stayed in their coop and run. I put straw all in their run so they don't have to walk in the snow. Their coop is about a foot off the ground. They do love hanging out under there, and with the straw, it sounds be a cozy place to lay an egg. I haven't been able to see any but I supposed I will have to take all the straw out to know for sure.
It is possible they are hiding eggs. What "territorial" ability do they have to do that? Meaning are they confined to a coop and run or do you live somewhere they are out during the day? If the former, they can't be hidden too far. Also, is their coop raised off the ground some but not a lot? If they can get under it and you can't, any eggs laid there will be really hard to fine or get.

:wee :woot
Spring is on the way! I have 3 hens. One (aracuna) has been on lay-off for weeks, the other 2 have been laying only part-time this month. Today ALL of them laid!! Woo Hoo! :ya:yesss:

gosh a great feeling when you have all of the lay we are starting with 3 full size 1 banty here but it is still just 11:30 more to come till about 7 pm

Back
Top Bottom