1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how many Eggs you get today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blueseal, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Treegod

Treegod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Catalonia, Spain
    4/12 eggs. A new trend has been begun, taken over from the 6/12. Still enough eggs for us lol

2. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    Quote:I've been trying the red pepper also and mine have increased production from 4 to 8 a day. I have 9 so someone must take the day off.

3. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    11/19 today.I have been having egg production cutbacks the last few weeks and I picked up one of my hens today and she is fat as a butterball turkey,,I must have fed them way too much scratch feed during the winter to fight off the cold and I think that has been the cause of my egg production losses,,wondering if chickens would take up jogging??they are totally too fat [​IMG]

4. KaterCheek

KaterCheek Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2010
    Arizona
    It's funny that even if I have more eggs than I can use, I still feel jealous if my friends' hens are laying better.

5. Baymen Moe

Baymen Moe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Pembroke, Ma.
    An unusually off day for my hens, 7/15:/

6. pacetruckguy

pacetruckguy The West Coast Chicken Whisperer

Dec 8, 2009
    Petaluma,CA
    6 for 8 hens. Pretty consistantly as of lately

7. chickortreat

chickortreat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Three today out of twelve hens. They seem to be quitting on me. Any ideas as to why? We got nine one day about a month ago, eight for several days, seven a few days, then five, then four, now three. What's the deal with red pepper? Do you use flakes or ground? All advice appreciated!

8. ZooNana

ZooNana Chillin' With My Peeps

We got 2 eggs yesterday (3 doz hens), and I can't tell you how thrilled we are, since they haven't laid a single egg since AUGUST!! Nothing worse than going to the store to buy eggs all fall and winter when we own chickens [​IMG]

9. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    18/24 today... [​IMG]

10. fishermans wife

fishermans wife Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Ventura County
    5 out of 6 girls! Go Spring!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by