How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I don't know. I thought there were spent because they stopped laying one by one after laying rarely in the last few months and often soft shelled eggs. At the beginning, when I get them, eggs were abundant, even too much. In spring, little by little the number of eggs has dropped until it run out. They come from a poultry farm, they're Lohmann brown. Sadly two of them passed away due to internal issues, but the remaining three seem to be happy and healty.

I don't know. I thought there were spent because they stopped laying one by one after laying rarely in the last few months and often soft shelled eggs. At the beginning, when I get them, eggs were abundant, even too much. In spring, little by little the number of eggs has dropped until it run out. They come from a poultry farm, they're Lohmann brown. Sadly two of them passed away due to internal issues, but the remaining three seem to be happy and healty.

Are you able to post current photos

It seems unbelievable but I got 8 eggs from 5 chickens today.
This morning I gathered five normal eggs from my newly laying pullets.
This evening I found in the run, right next to each other, 3 soft shelled eggs.
Either one chicken laid 4 eggs today, or three hens laid two. Or somewhere in between.
Poor things are not even five months old yet. I can't imagine the strain on those bodies packaging all that protein.
They are getting layer pellets, oyster shell and free range.

Back
Top Bottom