How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

ONE!! :celebrate One perfect little egg!

Attachments

• IMG_20190508_095729925.jpg
    IMG_20190508_095729925.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 2
I came out with 6 in main coop 1 from silky took three eggs from under Muck in silky coop giving her 4 live black sex links.. her eggs one seems to viable it is in the bator now

12 eggs yesterday and 15 today. I am getting ready to go out and sneak a chick under my broody hen. If that is successful, I will add the other 2 that hatched at Easter. They are all 3 very tiny. I think they may do better with a Momma broody instead of with a brooder and some bigger chick mates!

12 eggs yesterday and 15 today. I am getting ready to go out and sneak a chick under my broody hen. If that is successful, I will add the other 2 that hatched at Easter. They are all 3 very tiny. I think they may do better with a Momma broody instead of with a brooder and some bigger chick mates!

Wait for dark never been able to do it in daylight but works every time at night

Wait for dark never been able to do it in daylight but works every time at night
Yep! I've snuck chicks to broody hens many times. I just don't know if this broody is a willing participate! I just went out and put 1 chick under her. I stood out there in the dark (and rain) for 5+minutes and she wasn't attacking & didn't seem concerned. So I'm not sure if she is not interested or is just real chill with the whole thing. If she takes this one and doesn't have any problems when it is daylight, I will slip her the other 2 tomorrow night.

OK I have wonderful news :celebrate:celebrate:celebrateI was a bit worried over night as wondered if my oven had some turn itself off after a certain number of hours safety thing :lol:. Got up this morning and it was still on, quick peek no chicks :hitThen about 9am saw that the temp had dipped quite a lot so went over to look and decided to take a peek and there was a little wet chick :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpystupidly didn't see if it had come out of the silkie egg or an Araucana egg. Thank goodness for my fancy oven! Our normal one doesn't go that low!

Next question - bearing in mind that Doris left these eggs and has a 4 (maybe 5 - I didn't take much notice as didn't realise it was a chick until the next day!) day old chick will she accept these babies (I say plural with total hope that I get at least one more!!)? Am I better off doing it at night or in the day so I can keep a watch? Doris is a very kind lovely silkie, she even co-parented the sole chick that was born in my last hatch late last year that wasnt' one of hers (none of hers made it) so my gut says she'll be OK but don't want to put them with her and find them all dead in the morning!

Since I wrote this on the other thread I peeped again - no more chicks but it is an Araucana egg that's hatched!:jumpy

Pretty much just like this recipe, but no peppers in mine. Simple and good.
You can add other flavors like tarragon as well.

Sorry lovelies I haven't abandoned you I promise! Must to bed, will try to be on more!
Oh sure, you have left us all alone!
Hope your other eggs hatch.

13 today from apparently now 17 girls. Lana was in the coop last night but not seen today at all. Stupid bird would NOT stay behind the fence! And, even worse, when I went out to put the girls up tonight Yuki was out. Now Lana was a little Golden Campine but Yuki is a big White Rock. How did she get out? And yesterday it was Betty, she's a Welsummer, again not a small bird. :he :he

Back
Top Bottom