How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Second egg today! Two days in a row, it's one of my white rocks laying. I saw her in the corner if the coop laying the egg about noon today. This one had a little cracking on the shell but the shell doesn't seem to be very thin. It took some effort to crack break it on the stove edge.

20200217_143359.jpg
20200217_143541.jpg
20200217_143743.jpg

It's one of my white rocks laying.
Yep, that matches the color and shininess of my WRs' eggs :D

I’m not sure. They are just molting now... so perhaps light a little right as days getting shorter? I’m not sure. Long dark time this far north
How old are they? Odd time of year in your area for them to moult. Mine have always had their first adult moult in the fall except for Echo. For some reason she waited until the end of January 2014 (June 2012 chick). I've always gotten chicks either late April or Early June. 2 for 2 batches, the late April girls started in the fall then shut down. The 3 batches of June girls have all laid through their first winter.

8 today, 2 from the 2015 girls, 6 from the 2019s.

How old are they? Odd time of year in your area for them to moult. Mine have always had their first adult moult in the fall except for Echo.

They are April 2019 chicks so 10 months. Couple of my friends said theirs are too. First I’ve seen them molt. But goofy bare necks with pin feathers coming in on the silver laced Wyandottes and the black sex links. Rest no sign?

Back
Top Bottom