How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

They are April 2019 chicks so 10 months. Couple of my friends said theirs are too.
That is bizarre. In 5 batches of chicks I've never had one have their first adult moult before they were over a year old.

1 egg today. I think my girls have finally figured out it’s winter.
Just in time for winter to start thinking about making an exit.

5 today.

Also some of my pullets eggs seem to be getting smaller? They were quite big and now appear to be shrinking! Meanwhile the other pullets eggs were small and are growing. These two have been laying longer so could that be why? Or maybe I’m just imagining it. :lau
I have seen the same thing recently here as well! It made me wonder if I was mistaken about the pullets laying a couple of months ago! :idunno Makes me scratch my head.

10 eggs were laid today. 9 made it into the house. Someone ate 1 egg in a nest box of 6 eggs. Just left behind half of a blue egg shell.

I have seen the same thing recently here as well! It made me wonder if I was mistaken about the pullets laying a couple of months ago! :idunno Makes me scratch my head.

10 eggs were laid today. 9 made it into the house. Someone ate 1 egg in a nest box of 6 eggs. Just left behind half of a blue egg shell.

Oh wow that is so strange that you are experiencing it too!! I don’t think I am mistaken because these two are pretty distinctive eggs. A darker brown and speckled one (the others are more of a tan/cream/pink and my EEs) and a white egg and I only have one white layer so :confused: hers don’t seem to have gotten too small but definitely a bit smaller. But the dark brown one seems way smaller! Very odd!!

And that stinks! Thankfully none of mine do that but if one breaks they’ll eat it but they don’t break it usually.

Oh wow that is so strange that you are experiencing it too!! I don’t think I am mistaken because these two are pretty distinctive eggs. A darker brown and speckled one (the others are more of a tan/cream/pink and my EEs) and a white egg and I only have one white layer so :confused: hers don’t seem to have gotten too small but definitely a bit smaller. But the dark brown one seems way smaller! Very odd!!

And that stinks! Thankfully none of mine do that but if one breaks they’ll eat it but they don’t break it usually.
I usually figure that the egg got broken accidentally, especially since so many were laid in the one nest box. I only blame an egg eater if it becomes a fairly frequent occurrence.
Hopefully, our pullet eggs will get back to their larger sizes soon!

I usually figure that the egg got broken accidentally, especially since so many were laid in the one nest box. I only blame an egg eater if it becomes a fairly frequent occurrence.
Hopefully, our pullet eggs will get back to their larger sizes soon!

That makes sense!!

And yeah I hope so too!! They were laying huge nice eggs so it’s a bit disappointing!! Maybe that’s why? Maybe they can only lay the big eggs for so long?

Back
Top Bottom