How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Did you guys see the thread, "The Largest Egg- Contest"?
OK, I've looked. The OP's 78g entry is NOTHING compared to the largest eggs Zorra has laid, fortunately she stopped that stuff and went back to L & XL. Her largest was 114g. Of course I don't have a picture of it, it was back in June of 2014. OK, I posted the info on that thread but "it didn't happen if there is no picture" here on BYC ;)

Now don't drag the roosters into it, we both know they got nothing on the hens noises.
If they wern't flashy i'd forget mine were even here lol!
Im so late replying, hubs had a "where is my?? "insert random piece of junk" fit and I got sidetracked.:p
Hmm, now I'm gonna have to actively listen to them today and see how loud they really are 🤔
I didn't mention, I also have six roosters. 😊

I found a BCM pullet dead in one of the laying boxes today, poor girl, I don't know what caused it. She showed no obvious signs of illness, no sickness in the flock right now, she wasn't thin or anything. Maybe an "egg" related problem, she was about 9-10 months old. :hit
So sorry for your loss.:hit:hugs

2 eggs today, 1 of which broke, and I lost one of the 3 eggs from yesterday, it also broke. That one had a weak spot on the little end, I picked it up and my thumb went through the shell. Streaked with blood too. Should I be concerned? Never had this problem before. The broken one from yesterday looked pecked.

Rrrrr, another day of less than 3 eggs. Think my girls finally figured out it’s winter?

So sorry for your loss.:hit:hugs

2 eggs today, 1 of which broke, and I lost one of the 3 eggs from yesterday, it also broke. That one had a weak spot on the little end, I picked it up and my thumb went through the shell. Streaked with blood too. Should I be concerned? Never had this problem before. The broken one from yesterday looked pecked.

Rrrrr, another day of less than 3 eggs. Think my girls finally figured out it’s winter?

Are you feeding oyster shell on the side ?

@Chickassan I really paid attention to the flock today, and I was right about MOST of them being pretty quiet. A few egg songs and random crows throughout the day... not too bad at all....
But then there's the 5 Anconas... they walk around 'put-put-putting' like an old farm tractor in need of a mechanic for HOURS while they contemplate laying an egg... and then their egg song is of the 'OMG SHUT UP ALREADY' variety, which goes on for about 45 minutes after each one deposits her egg.
So.... yeah they're loud. 😏

Back
Top Bottom