How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

8 yesterday, 6 today. No one will use the nest boxes. Anyone here ever try putting curtains on the darn things? I am SO tired of crawling under them for the eggs.
Yes! I made little curtains! I just cut some fabric and stapled it up. I didn’t cover the whole opening, just enough so they can have some privacy.

I will take a photo but this is some of my nest boxes the one in my new coop
is open just square shape but just 14 inches tall 16 x 15 no drapes .. Might cost but have 5 in my main coop.. these are the top boxes I use thin plywood for landing pads
010.jpg

Need to that also taking a boat load of them to Blessings food bank here, It is connected
to a local church but know half of them great folks
Met a couple guys at Raleys the other day. Seems they run a homeless lunch from a church nearby. I mentioned the extra eggs and they said they’d love to have the extras. Going to have to see what we are legally allowed to do here.

8 yesterday, 6 today. No one will use the nest boxes. Anyone here ever try putting curtains on the darn things? I am SO tired of crawling under them for the eggs.
Yes but it was more for a sun block. Last year they used it faithfully. Now two are back to laying In the very back of the coop. They are laying right in the area that I was thinking would be a good spot for exterior egg box. If they use it.

I'm going with 14 eggs for yesterday. Hubby locked them up while I was at work (I got off at midnight) but he did not collect eggs. There were 14 out there when I went to let them out this morning. I brought in 4 from the small coop but when I went back to grab the 10 in the big coop (which I had stuck all in 1 nest box) there were 2 hens in the box! There were 5 other places {4 nest boxes and a nest under another nest box} available to lay, but this must be the best place! After all, it had 10 eggs in there already! :lau

Back
Top Bottom