How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

One of my girls has started laying a white egg...not sure what's going on & I don't know which one it is!
At least you know it isn't one of the Easter Eggers so that cuts the possibilities a bit.

Btw, I know birds up here in NJ slow down and stop laying in the winter. But what about down south where it's warm? Do the ladies ever get a break.....?
Laying has little to do with heat and a lot to do with the amount of light. They cut off when the hours of daylight grow slim and start back up when there is more light. That is why some people provide light in the coop (presumably 14 hours) in the winter if they want to force the girls to keep laying.

At least you know it isn't one of the Easter Eggers so that cuts the possibilities a bit.
I'm beginning to wonder if it's my FBCM, I haven't gotten a dark brown egg, but this egg is also a different shape than what she usually lays! She also didn't seem to be feeling well yesterday, but she did sit in the nesting box where I found the 2nd white egg. I will be heading out in a bit to check on everyone!

4 out of 4 today! I’ve had to have the chickens locked up all day today because my neighbor’s dog decided to pay us a visit today. He keeps escaping because they leave him all day without enough food and water and he knows we have plenty of those things. He’s not really interested in the birds but they’re wary of strange dogs and I don’t want him stressing them out too much.
E8616516-D026-4579-9539-4248C9D3C823.jpeg

That can be tough real tough if the owners do not take care of it give it a ride to humane society
Unfortunately we don’t have any animal control around here. We let him hang out for a while and we’re trying to contact the owner to come get him. This is the second time in a week he’s gotten out, and he doesn’t have a collar or a chip. Us and another neighbor are getting ready to give him a firm talking to though.

Back
Top Bottom