How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I love your avatar pic! So pretty!🥰
Thank you! :)

You can freeze eggs? I didn’t know that was a thing!
You can google freezing eggs and they will tell you how! I'm going to crack them whole into silicone baby food trays and freeze them, you can also separate or whisk and freeze them!

Here's an example of what I will be freezing them in! They are baby food containers!

Attachments

• Silicone Container for Freezing Eggs.jpg
    Silicone Container for Freezing Eggs.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 2
Only one so far today (ironically our only silkie has been laying daily while the others are taking a break), but it’s still early. Many of my eleven gals are mid-molt, so on good days we are getting only four or so eggs. I’m happy as long as we don’t have to buy any. Our new girls should be starting soon too. ‘‘Tis the season 🤣

Probably 1..... I was at the point (see the picture I attached) where I was getting so many I had no idea WHAT to do and then one day I lost almost all my girls. We’re slowly bringing in more birds, and have 7 right now. But out of those 7 only 2 are laying! We have 4 pullets and 1 retired hen (we love her so she gets to stay, we never butcher retired hens) and 2 laying hens. Out of those 2 laying hens, we have 1 reliable layer since its molting season and the days are getting shorter yayyyyyy so want to see a before and after pic of this time last year vs now?

last year:
A0EECFCD-3801-4239-8891-33DF43A4C0E3.jpeg

This year:
12658642-BC1F-4F0C-B1EA-D1368172D872.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom