How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

laying them on the ground but all in due time 20201124_150858.jpg

My barred rock just likes to stay out late so she wasn’t back by the time I went to close up last night, but tonight the one that was missing I think got lost.
I had to stop counting my chickens because it just drove me crazy. I never would have guessed how hard it is to find a chicken in a tree. And they sleep in the same couple trees but not the same spots. And when I first started letting the newbies out, most of them came back to the coop but every night it was one fewer as they learned that trees are cool. 😂

6 Pullets laid 6 eggs yesterday, 5 today. My Exchequer Leghorn has been laying in a Pine Shavings bag, and finally laid 2 days in a row in Box 1! One of my Jersey Giants accepted Box 2, after I made minor tweaks for privacy and comfort. I've started sharing eggs around the neighborhood in our 2nd month. Want more, Chickies, LOL. So happy !

I had to stop counting my chickens because it just drove me crazy. I never would have guessed how hard it is to find a chicken in a tree. And they sleep in the same couple trees but not the same spots. And when I first started letting the newbies out, most of them came back to the coop but every night it was one fewer as they learned that trees are cool. 😂
Usually mine all come back on their own. I think it getting dark so early is confusing them. Luckily I know all of their favorite hiding places if I do lose one.

Back
Top Bottom