How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

31 today, but three were broken when five of my ladies all decided they wanted to use the favorite nest box at the same time
20210122_124415.jpg

What is in your grass tray? Is that for your chickens?
@MelIngles I grow wheat grass for my girls, I also purchase whatever greens are on sale at the store (collard, turnip, kale, mustard, dandelion) they like those ALOT. They are used to foraging, but the ground is covered in over a foot of snow. And $ 0.89 a bunch, for a weeks worth of greens isn't that much. I usually try to get 2 different types of greens. The girls have decimated the wheat grass so while it recovers they get the store bought stuff.

@MelIngles I grow wheat grass for my girls, I also purchase whatever greens are on sale at the store (collard, turnip, kale, mustard, dandelion) they like those ALOT. They are used to foraging, but the ground is covered in over a foot of snow. And $ 0.89 a bunch, for a weeks worth of greens isn't that much. I usually try to get 2 different types of greens. The girls have decimated the wheat grass so while it recovers they get the store bought stuff.

Thank you! Any do/donts or tips for growing

I was letting them just chomp it, but they really destroy it, so now I cut it off at the tops and put in a dish for them. Other than that it doesn't like to be too cold or direct strong light. (I had it in a window initially... too cold, too much light)
AND don't overwater . Also, make sure you have enough to alternate daily. my girls will take out a 3 or more whole containers at a time and they take some time to recover... that is why I get greens at the store as well. Good luck :thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    596.8 KB · Views: 3
here are the best pics i could get of her legs.i told her to pose but she was busy...if anybody could help with a breed id appreciate it. she was supposed to be a calico princess but obviously isnt.
She's pretty! She's definitely not calico princess. She's not a Leghorn... a white Rock maybe? Does she lay brown eggs?

She's pretty! She's definitely not calico princess. She's not a Leghorn... a white Rock maybe? Does she lay brown eggs?
not sure if shes laying yet or not.shes squatting and has checked the nesting box out but havent caught in the act yet. but i did get this really weird egg yesterday.the one in front with the speckles. the speckles are actually white. i had just washed the egg

Attachments

• 0122211556a.jpg
    0122211556a.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom