how many eggs...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by what was i thinking, Jan 24, 2009.

1. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    how many eggs are salmon faverolles supposed to lay. it was my understanding that they were fair to good layers, about 3/4 a week????
    well my little girl shirley had 7 out of 7 days this week. i started this yr keeping track of all my eggs, how many each day, who and totals for the week. out of 24 days she had laid 19. they are small but holy cow, i didn't expect this from her....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Yea there supposed to lay about 4 medium cream tinted eggs a week, but it's cool you get more even thugh there small you get more eggs otta here then the average favorelle hen.

3. camjac

camjac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    My catalog from Meyer Hatchery says that they are very good layers that lay a creamy tinted medium egg. I was thinking of getting a couple of these this spring. It says that the average mature weight for hens is 6 1/2 lbs. Does this sound about right or are they maybe breeding larger birds for larger eggs? I really don't want the small size eggs and will look for another breed to get if this is usually the case!

4. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    when i first got mine, i thought she was just laying some pullet eggs. was told she had just started to lay. but they never got any bigger. they are a very heavy breed. they were oringially used as meat birds. best part is she is a sweet heart. she is not sq but she is a real cutie
    [​IMG]

so is her roo squiggy
    [​IMG]

5. camjac

camjac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    So cute! That is part of the reason I wanted to get this breed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by