how many eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Patty43, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Patty43

Patty43 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2012
    Is it possible for a duck to lay more than 1 egg in a day. I have 3 female ducks. This morning I collected three eggs. When i went out to the duck pen after work there was another egg laying in the middle of the pen. I know for a fact that this egg was not there in the morning as I would have stepped on it. It was laying right out in the open in the middle of the pen. The day before I only collected 2 eggs. Is it possible that the duck who didnt lay yesterday, actually laid 2 today because for whatever reason yesterdays egg didnt come out. Just wondering

2. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Are you sure you didn't find the missing egg from yesterday?

3. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    My duck has laid more than one egg a day but they look like these...[​IMG] Egg on left is normal

4. LuckyDucky4

LuckyDucky4 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes, it is possible. I have 3 Black Swedish ducks and I have been getting 4-5 eggs a day from them, and this has been going on since the end of January! [​IMG]

5. Patty43

Patty43 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2012
    Absolutley positive. I looked for the missing egg yesterday. I cleaned out the duck house and moved all the straw around. There was definitely only 2 eggs yesterday and 4 today. Thanks for the reply

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by