how many egg's ....

new breeder

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 17, 2013
Greece
if i have 3-4 muscovy duck's , 2-3 female and 1 male.... when thay do the egg's, if 1 of them lay down t "hatch" egg's, how many it will hatch? 1 or 2 egg's?
hu.gif

if i have 3-4 muscovy duck's , 2-3 female and 1 male.... when thay do the egg's, if 1 of them lay down t "hatch" egg's, how many it will hatch? 1 or 2 egg's?
hu.gif
that depends on how many you let her hatch, they like to lay big clutches so she will most likely not stat to brood[sit] until she feels she has the right amount, can be 4-25 lol and I'm not exaggerating. What i do is let them lay till they go broody then since eggs haven't started to develop[they have to start sitting 24/7 before that happens] I remove the amt of eggs i don't want her to hatch. Since my space is limited. You'll just have to watch your girls to determine when they commit and remember sometimes first 2-3 eggs may not be fertile either so it's always a good thing to mark the eggs with a washable makers I use numbers starting at 1 then when they commit I remove the first 2-3 eggs and toss.

that depends on how many you let her hatch, they like to lay big clutches so she will most likely not stat to brood[sit] until she feels she has the right amount, can be 4-25 lol and I'm not exaggerating. What i do is let them lay till they go broody then since eggs haven't started to develop[they have to start sitting 24/7 before that happens] I remove the amt of eggs i don't want her to hatch. Since my space is limited. You'll just have to watch your girls to determine when they commit and remember sometimes first 2-3 eggs may not be fertile either so it's always a good thing to mark the eggs with a washable makers I use numbers starting at 1 then when they commit I remove the first 2-3 eggs and toss.

soo when they start t make egg's i can take the first 1,2 and then i can take the egg's for 3-4 days off all duck's (2 or 3duck's) and put them in the place that she has for "nest" ?

it's the first time that i will takeduck's and i dont know a thing....

soo when they start t make egg's i can take the first 1,2 and then i can take the egg's for 3-4 days off all duck's (2 or 3duck's) and put them in the place that she has for "nest" ?

it's the first time that i will takeduck's and i dont know a thing....
Let them make their own nests in side a secure building preferably in the house you keep them in, give them plenty of bedding what ever you use and they will make their own nests, when they actually start to brood[sit] then if you've marked the eggs from the first you can remove as many as you want but start with egg one and go up, because the further along in egg laying the more fertile the eggs will be. If your gathering from the other 2 ducks then just put their eggs in the nest with the duck that's brooding she will tuck them right under her. Believe me it's a learning experience and you may even have a couple of them go broody at the same time, I've had that happen.But It's something they know how to do instinctively. Muscovy's are wonderful brooders and mothers. I hope I'm explaining right.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom