How many hatches did you do this year? I did...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by adorable, Nov 30, 2010.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    I am in the middle of hatching out lavender orpington. I have a book that i mark down the hatch dates. I went threw all the hatches that i had so far this year. I did 11 hatches. THis is my last one till spring. But i said that 2 hatches so far. lol.
    Just curious ,how many did you guys hatch this year. ?[​IMG]

2. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    um, i lost count, and i havent stoped yet

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

About 45 sense this time last year.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't keep track of that sort of information, like how many chickens I own, how much I've spent on hatching eggs or how many chicks I've hatched. So when my husband asks any of those questions, I can say with absolute honesty, "Gee, I don't know, honey."

[​IMG]

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I did... *counts* four? I think? [​IMG]

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    ok Im a slacker have only done 2 but just starting hatching in October. Come spring I have a lady that wants me to hatch for her and I am going to do some test hatches too.

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    I'm not sure how many hatches I did, but it totaled up to be about 200 chicks and 100 guinea keets. [​IMG]

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Its not hard for me to keep up with. I have chicks hatching every 7 days an take a break when school lets out for the summer to take the kids places.

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:I'm kinda like this, only minus the husband. It's my easy-going and indulgent landlady I tell, "Gosh, not really sure... I hatched some, and Shirley still has 3 of her 4 chicks..."

"Some.". Boy, that covers a multitude!

10. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    Quote:I'm kinda like this, only minus the husband. It's my easy-going and indulgent landlady I tell, "Gosh, not really sure... I hatched some, and Shirley still has 3 of her 4 chicks..."

"Some.". Boy, that covers a multitude!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

i say this to my partner every time i'm on craigslist and they have listing for free chickens or relatively cheep ([​IMG] ) chickens "but honey, its only a couple more, it won't be a big deal!" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

gotta love that addicting chicken math! [​IMG]

*speaking of, i haven't checked craigslist today! to the hunt!....

ETA: no chickens today!
    and we are on our second hatch of the year, but the first in the incubator [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by