How many here let their dogs/pets sleep in their bed with them?

hoosierhen

Songster
12 Years
Sep 26, 2007
Indiana
My little Sushine, Toy Fox, sleeps under the covers. My DH doesn't like it but he's the one who spoiled her to begin with! Our Boxer either sleeps in his bed in our room, or on the couch.

Only the cat is allowed on the bed, although the dog has been found up there from time to time on cold mornings.
big_smile.png

The dog is allowed on the bed for naps, however. The bunny could get on the bed if she wanted, but she stays on the downstairs level of the house.
NO critters are allowed under the covers!

Never, never, never. It's never a good idea to let him sleep there. Maybe on occasion, but now he thinks it's his "right' and will one day possibley attempt to tell someone else ( likely your husband ) he can't sleep there anymore with a growl or more.
Do you have kids? If so, he'll probably get snippy w/ kids in time.
How old is the dog? You may not see these behaviors till years later.

Sorry, just a bad idea.

The cats sleep with us or one of the kids. Neither of the cats like to be under the covers but it wouldn't bother us. We have had cats who have done that in the past. The dog sleeps in our room but not on our bed.

All 4 of my Italian Greyhounds sleep with me. Instant bed warmers. Nothing better than snuggling with a little warm body. The big kids sleep in their respective crates.

I usually have one or two cats along side me during the night. The Pomeranian sleeps in her own soft pink bed, but comes up on our bed on weekends to say hello and get her belly scratched.

My dog works cows in corrals- I definitely wouldn't want that in my bed. She gets crated at night and not allowed on the furniture. That's just a rule for any dog I've had. They aren't allowed on the furniture. A lot of dogs take this as a sign that you are not dominant over them if they are allowed on the furniture. Crate training is always a good idea.
The obnoxious cat used to always jump on me while I was in a dead sleep or rub its cold wet nose all over me while I was sleeping, so now she gets locked in the basement with her food and litter box at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 2 poodles who sleep with us. One is cold natured so he sleeps under cover by H and the other is hot natured like me so he sleeps on top of cover by me and the fan.

Back
Top Bottom