How many hours eggs can survive without heat

Dec 6, 2019
Philippines
If you let a mother manually hatch eggs, there are times the mother will leave the nest because she wants to eat, drink, or poop or she got distracted by her friends to walk around. My male always make this calling noise that make all the broody girls to walk with him.

In case of incubators, there are times when the incubator will be accidentally turned off or there are incidents we cannot avoid like blackout.

I want to know, How many hours can an egg survive without incubation due to distracted mother or incubators that lost power due to blackouts?

If you let a mother manually hatch eggs, there are times the mother will leave the nest because she wants to eat, drink, or poop or she got distracted by her friends to walk around. My male always make this calling noise that make all the broody girls to walk with him.

In case of incubators, there are times when the incubator will be accidentally turned off or there are incidents we cannot avoid like blackout.

I want to know, How many hours can an egg survive without incubation due to distracted mother or incubators that lost power due to blackouts?
That would depend on the ambient air temperatures. My broody would be off her nest up to an hour or a bit more in the mornings but this was during the summer and it was warm, up in the low to mid 80s (F). She also left for breaks in the afternoons for around 20 to 30 minutes. She hatched 3 out of 4 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom