how many husband building or remodeling chicken coops this weekend

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ILOVEFRIZZLES, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    Hat off to all the coop and remodelers. Hard working people to please a bunch of chickens and the wives. Mine is one of this poor soul and I even got my dad and oldest nephew to help.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    BANG BANG BANG

thats what you hear in my backyard this weekend my new coop being bulit and the old one being torn down

it was not supposed to be this weekend tho... we ordered our lumber on friday evening for a tuesday delivery, DH was going to take his time this week after woor carefully measuring and cutting each piece so next weekend he would just have to "throw it together"

well to my suprise on saturday evening the lumber truck pulled up... they delivered my lumber this weekend

so instead of working on the vehicles this weekend, he is doing the coop and next weekend is going to be the vehicles i guess (just oil changes and getting them ready for winter nothing major)

3. Maureen&chickens

Maureen&chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Townsend
    My family is also out this weekend remodeling our not even finished coop to accommodate an ornery rooster who can no longer be with the general population.

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    I will be the one, just me&myself supervised by the chickens ,starting again in a few minutes......Hope to finish up during the week. Converting 8x12 shed into new home.....Still waiting for the windows to arrive so I can install them. Floor finished, most of the painting done, vents in. Still need to install a pop door and then rig a pen. Most likely a 4x10 or 4x12 out of panels from a doggie x-pen and then cover that with PVC roofing reclaimed from the old run. Have an old doghouse I found at St. Vinnies, plastic but large for a shelter in the run. Will take pics when done [​IMG]

5. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I'm letting mine have the weekend to himself, with breaks for technical advising on the coop . . .

6. fjorddreamer

fjorddreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    Nova Scotia
    My husband has been hard at work all weekend finishing our "new" coop. Hopefully, we will be able to move chickens in tonight!!!!

7. BCMominMD

BCMominMD Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Southern Md
    I can hear hammering out there right now:) The "temporary" run for the new chicks is almost done. DH has been working on it all weekend. I think he could have been done sooner if the rooster didn't keep jumping him from behind.
    I'm going to go out there right now and tell him that he's not the only one:lol:

8. msjones

msjones Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2009
    Seattle
    Yes -- my sweet husband is working his hiney off out there in the rain. We're adding a bigger run to the back of our teeny tiny coop. He is not someone who enjoys these kinds of projects, but he's doing it anyway. He is a good man.

Everything is taking longer than expected -- it seemed so simple when we talked it out.

I'll post pic laters. But hats off to all the coop-building men!

9. retiredwithchicks

retiredwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Byrdstown, TN
    Well, my hubby says I have to add to this one. He build me a new A-frame tractor on Sat. This is the second tractor and 4th coop he has built since we met and married. The poor thing should have know what he was getting into when we married last Sept. Guess I'll let him off a few weeks in celebraton of our first anniversary.

10. Julie's Silkies

Julie's Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Gloucester, Virginia
    My hubby and son have been working on mine all weekend. We even had a few friends come over today help put the roof on today.
    But guess What It started raining [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by