How many of u get those fake Nigeria e-mail scams???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cjeanean, Dec 17, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Just wondering, cause I was looking up some stuff on scambaiting sites and would love to try some G-PG rated scambaits....

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Whhhhaaa???

Those are FAKE?!?! I thought I was the only "estimed dear person" worthy of the dying wife's $2.5 billion.

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:LOL!!! Seriously, people will "bait" the scammers and have them do all sorts of things in order to get the $$$ they never send. It's pretty funny, but there are a few people who take it to a whole different level that's pretty disturbing, we're talking above R kinda stuff. They get these scammers to pose in terrible pics, like one Nigerian dressed up like the KKK just to get 1 million dollars that got "lost in the mail" and all kinds of other stuff. Some of it's pretty funny, especially if there are enough scambaiters (us) to take up all the scammers time, that way they don't have the time to scam people who really don't know they're getting scammed....Worthwhile if you think about all the poor elderly etc who really get scammed by these ppl...I want to try it, just not in the 'adult' manner a lot of people do....

4. I get them every day, some several times a day I have also gotten e mails to enlarge parts of my anatomy(spelling) I don't have being female, I just delete and go on marrie

5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I get several of them every day, and I'm getting tired of it. I also hear about a lot of people who get scammed, either through e-bay scams or other scams. If baiting one guy for a month or two will keep two other people from really getting scammed I'd do it....

6. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Just curious:

If the point is to waste their time, isn't that also wasting your time?

Or do you consider that part of your entertainment time?

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Scambaiting is categorized as entertainment. It is also a Valuable Public Service, because while the scammers are thinking they have you hooked, they are less likely to be going after less clued-in victims.

The best waste of their time is to get them to go on safari... [​IMG]

8. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    My son advertised something on Craig's List and got tons of scamming emails. He wanted to mess with them but I said don't waste your time...just delete and move on!

9. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I work with exchange students and have found that if a room rental is too good to be true, it probably is. One student was looking for a room in Copenhagen and found what seemed like a great room. He had someone in Denmark check out the address and found was a 2 story home. he asked the person if the room was on the 5th floor and they said yes.

End of discussion!

10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:I did the same thing and got scams. I tried selling my PS3 om ebay and got so many nigeria scams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by