How many of us go to Auctions

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by buc, Jan 13, 2009.

1. buc

buc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    I retired two years ago. In the last 4 months my brother in law and I have attended 5 auctions, majority of which where farm acutions but two where companies going out of business (1 because the owner was retiring and selling off the assests and the building and the other due to the economic down turn).

I have bought a few things for the home place and have sold off many of the things to pay for the things I have kept .

I just wonder how many of us attend and buy things at auction?

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I love auctions, you never know what treasures you will find!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I do, but not as much as I used to....I need to sell off some stuff, not drag more things home. I used to work as a clerk for a local auctioneer.....went to lots of auctions then.

4. buc

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Quote:No truer words have ever been spoken then those of yours above.

I was picking thru a pile-o-stuff that I bought for a part I need around the farm and found new still in the packaging Case IH parts, I contacted the local dealership and told him about them. He wanted to take a look at them so I took them in.

He bought 5 pieces for a total of 62.00 cash, I paid 15.00 cash for the pile-o-stuff.

5. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I love auctions too!

Sara, have you ever gone to the Teen Challenge auction in Rehrersburg? It's every spring, all donated items mostly in great shape. DH & I have furnished 2 houses from it mostly new stuff for really cheap!

6. OPIE

OPIE Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Freeman Mo.
    I used to go to auctions also, but have cut back here lately. You can find some bargains, but you can also pay more than an items worth if ya dont watch it. LOL (speeking from experience) [​IMG]

7. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Quote:[​IMG] That's called bidding fever!

8. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I've been to several...I live two miles from a very big auction yard. Everything from clothing, junk, farm stuff, animals and lots of chickens.

9. buc

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Quote:[​IMG] That's called bidding fever!

I have not done it but I have seen it done. My brother in law and I do a good deal of talking price before the auction starts that way we know how much we are willing to bid and not to go over it.

10. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    I do I do I go to at least one per month or more

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by