How many of y'all actually remember maths you learned in High School??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by magicpigeon, Aug 10, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Explaining trig to my sister in year 10. HECK. I can't remember any of it. And I'm not even old yet. [​IMG] My years of wild chicken math have finally caught up with me...

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Me neither. LOL

3. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    I will take the fifth on that Q......but I do remember how to count out change [​IMG] My math teacher Mrs Bowden (I will remember her forever) hated me on sight and loved the 2 twin (rich daddies girls) blond haired girls in my class...they always got called on the answer questions..the rest of us got ignored....(even when I asked for help) she said I should study harder and not waste her time.....until the end of the year when I started to ignore her in class as well and read books under the desk.....by then I was so far behind [​IMG] THEN she calls on me to answer because she knew I didnt know the answer! Arrrgh! So next year I drop to year 2 B instead of A...quite happy about that thinking I would get a different teacher...NOPE in she walks. Same for the year after that as well. I still hate her to this day when my brain freezes up with any math problem.

4. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    I'm so old, that when I was in school there was only 10 numbers.
    Some of the kids cheated and didn't wear shoes on test days so's
    they could check their answers.

Everything else was just called "the rest".

5. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Ah yes...those were the days! [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I have a mental block when it comes to fractions. Hated them! However, I use math every day to determine my anesthesia doses.

When train A leaves station number one at 8:40 am...............ack! I'm outa here!

7. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ugh, don't even get me going on math. First of all, I was never good at math. My strength was in English, writing, stuff like that. I hate numbers. I remember about 10 years ago my niece was doing homework and asked me if I would help. I sat down to help and started explaining what I knew about how to do the equations that she had in front of her. She looked at me like I was crazy and said "No Auntie Laura, we don't do it that way, we do Lattice Math". I'm staring at her blankly, like what the heck is "lattice math"?? And she starts drawing out this ridiculous diagram. I had to apologize and walk away, I had no clue what she was doing. Bad enough I'm lousy at math, and then they go and change how it's done!?!? Bleck. I just hate math. [​IMG]

8. bietsch624

bietsch624 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2008
    Sine, cosine, cosine, sine..Three point one four one five nine

9. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Sounds like prescription drugs to me, along with suggested dosage? [​IMG]

10. bietsch624

bietsch624 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2008
    Quote:Sounds like prescription drugs to me, along with suggested dosage? [​IMG]

That's the extent of my knowlege of trigonometry...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by