How many of you are afraid of going to the feed store because....

Are you afraid of going to the feed store b/c you might buy chicks?

• Yes- I might buy more chicks. Oh dear!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No- I have the will power to resist!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I will buy chicks with a clear conscience, thank you!

• Total voters

ChickensAreSweet

Heavenly Grains for Hens
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
Pacific NW- where the Douglas Firs grow
I really am dreading the "chick days" at the feed store. This means that EVERY time I wander in, I must resist the urge to buy more chicks.

Cute little adorable gaze-at-you-lovingly chicks.

And then I think, "well, I could squeeze them into this coop- or maybe that coop." "But I don't have THAT breed."

Anyone else?

Not me.
tongue.png
Last time I went to the feedstore, they had, what was in my opinion, boring Barred Rocks and Black Australorps. All I did was educate some of the buyers here and there, then talk to the lady about the feedstore's claim of selling Ameraucanas later on. . .
tongue.png

I know it sounds like a snob of a thing to do, but really. . . I like people knowing they got what they were told they got. It's funny though how many thought Australorps and even Barred Rocks were "exotic" because of the name "Australorp" and because Barred Rocks were "zebra striped."

Get one of their employees bring it up to the register while you wait...that way you resisted the tempation to see those fuzzy butts.

I always get my layers at the feed store.
I bought 5 beautiful little Barred Rocks and 2 Easter Eggers a couple of months ago so I'll have some new spring layers.
I'm sure I'll just HAVE to get a couple more when they start carrying them at our feed store.
smile.png

My favorite feed store will have its first shipment of chicks on Thursday, Feb. 24.

This store has chicks for sale all the way through September and halfway through October!

I have to stock up on feed each of the next three weekends or I will be in trouble (MORE trouble), even though I am incubating and hatching now.

No I don't buy feed store chicks, you can rest assured the quality will be poor and god knows what you'll actually get when it comes to breed. Questionable Hatchery mutt's have no place in my pen's !!!!.

AL

lol.png

We especially my son and I will go on Fridays to get groceries and feed and then we seen the babies and YES I do buy.It even happens when hubby is with us,we say no but it happens.
cool.png

Most of the time the Chick day prices are CRAZY most of the time i go to a local animal swap and you can find them for half the price.....Or hatch em out myself heheeh

Not me! Our feed and grain doesnt have chicks so my only trouble is resisting giant bags of boss or green mountain symphony.....

Back
Top Bottom